Social Icons

julio 02, 2013

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH MISS NETHERLANDS SUPRANATIONAL 2013, LEILA AIGBEDION.

Born in Deventer and raised in Heemskerk (Netherlands) By origin from Niegeria/liberia. Leila Aigbedion was discovered at the age of 15 in Amsterdam. She went to Paris and travelled to different cities such as Milan and London.
She is a  disciplined and motivated young lady with many aspirations and dreams. Her father studied in Russia. Her mother taught her with the hard hand and she is grateful for that. After all, today she is a "strong black woman". She knows what she wants and need to be a powerful black Afican woman. She wants something she will go for it until she get’s it. She doesn’t  give up easily. She is  a fighter a perfectionist.










PHOTO CREDIT: Richard Broekhuijzen

1. Tell us something surprising / interesting about you.

I’m a hospital nurse by profession  specialized in mental disorders. Something no one expects. I have a love for helping people, this is what I do and live for . It make me happy to see me put one a smile one a sick persons face.

2. How do you define yourself?

 I would define myself as fun-loving, outgoing, funny, caring, crazy, happy, emotional!  

3. What advice your parents applied in your life?

My parents always advice me to take education very serious. And I’m very happy and blessed I did so. Now I can live my dreams, I have achieved a lot at this young age.  

4. You always desire to be Miss? How long have you wanted?

I have been in beauty pageants from 2011 , I created a passion for it ever since.  Miss supranational Netherlands was my first very big and serious pageant! And I won as the first afro Dutch woman ever!

PHOTO CREDIT: Wanda Abbing Photography

5. Do you have a lucky charm? What is?

 I do not believe in luck charms. I believe in God and in him I trust and have faith in. I pray and meditate.

6.  Tell us about your experience in Miss Netherlands Supranational 2013: 

My experience in Miss Netherlands Supranational 2013 was amazing! I never thought that I as a black woman would ever win! I never expected it! I am very honored and glad for this opportunity, this will be an amazing journey. 

7. Tell us, are you happy to represent Netherlands in Miss Supranational?

Yes I am very happy to represent the Netherlands in miss Supranational! 

8. How do you feel being the first woman of black complexion to represent the Netherlands in a beauty contest?

I feel very great in being the first of black complexion to represent the Netherlands. It was about time! I always asked my self , when would there be a colored woman to represent the Netherlands? And then I turned out to be this woman.

9. What qualities do you think will make you stand out in Miss Supranational?

I think it's that I'm very open minded so I always... I'm not afraid of new things, and nothing shocks me so I learn new things a lot that most people don't because they are too narrow minded, I think. 

10.  Have you seen the candidates to the pageant? What do you think could be your biggest competition?

Yes , I have seen some of the candidates, they are all beautiful. Everyone has her own beauty. No, I don’t’ have nay competition. Everyone is unique and beautiful in her own way. May the beast beauty queen win.


11. Any advance of evening dress, national costume or talent that you will show in the event?  


I would be wearing a lot of nice dresses by my sponsors! I will keep this a secret !

12.  How do you keep your figure?

 I keep my figure by working out in the gym 4 times a week.

13. After Miss Supranational, do you want to represent Netherlands in other international pageant? Which?

After miss supranational I would like to represent the Netherlands for Miss World and Miss Universe!! My Big dream! 



PHOTO CREDIT: Richard Broekhuijzen
14. Any advice for young people who want to start following us in this way?

My advice for the young people out there , Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. 


Special Message:  

"Never, never, never give up., Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in." - Leila Aigbedion 



FAST WITH THE QUEEN: 

I like: Nice food.
My family: is everything
When I go home: I relax
It bothers me: when people are being negative
I would like to have: a holiday to Miami for 2
To sleep: in my own Mansion
Miss Supranational is: Unite our world with beauty!
The Crown is: A symbol of beauty
Friendship is: Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything
Life is: Life is a long lesson in humility
My biggest support is: My parents number 1! And my family and My boyfriend, he support me in all I do. He is always there when I need him. And I love him for that.
My goal is: TO BE SUCCESFUL AND POWERFUL. "ONTOUCHABLE"


© 2013 Teens Missology 


Twitter: @teensmissology 

Instagram: teensmissology 

- PLEASE SHARE THIS INTERVIEW - 








No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario